Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 20 March 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: RevBits has been recognized as a winner in the Privileged Access Management category for its PAM solution by the 2023 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards. The review process judges the world’s top providers by their organizational size, performance, technology, products and leadership.
2. Cybersecurity Event: The Travelers Institute, the public policy division of The Travelers Companies, Inc., will host its 50th Cyber: Prepare, Prevent, Mitigate, Restore symposium on March 21 at the New York Stock Exchange. The in-person event, which will be livestreamed, aims to promote dialogue and education on helping organizations prepare for and respond to cyber incidents.
3. Industry Recognition: Absolute Software, a provider of “self-healing, intelligent security solutions,” has been named a Gold winner in the 2023 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards, with its Absolute Ransomware Response recognized as an industry-leading endpoint security product.
4. Cyberattack Reported: Australian fintech firm Latitude Group Holdings Ltd. reports that it has taken its platforms offline, as the cyberattack detected last week remained active while federal authorities were investigating the incident. Latitude, which provides consumer finance services to retailers Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi, said the attack appeared “well-organized” and that it would resume services “gradually over the coming days.” (Source: Reuters)
5. Product Launch: Waterfall Security Solutions has launched its WF-600 Unidirectional Security Gateway, an OT security protection solution against remote cyberattacks. The WF-600 product line is a blend of hardware and software, enabling “unbreachable” protection at IT/OT interfaces with unlimited visibility into OT networks, systems and data, the company said.
6. Leadership Move: HUB Cyber Security has appointed John C. Rogers to its Advisory Board. Rogers brings over 25 years of experience to Hub Security, having served as the Principal Deputy Assistant and Deputy Assistant Secretary for Legislative Affairs at the U.S. Department of Defense and led a billion-dollar mobility company as CEO.
7. Leadership Move: Axiad, a provider of passwordless orchestration, has appointed David Kennedy to its board of directors. Kennedy is the founder and chief hacking officer of TrustedSec and the co-founder and chief hacking officer of Binary Defense, a managed detection and response (MDR) and enterprise defense provider.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco, California)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)