McAfee Introduces Cloud-based SIEM Solution
McAfee has launched Enterprise Security Manager (ESM) Cloud, a cloud-based security information and event management (SIEM) solution.
ESM Cloud provides security telemetry, automatic security updates and continuous system health monitoring, according to McAfee. It offers a variety of security capabilities, including:
- Real-time and historical analysis powered by contextual data
- Security content packs that provide pre-built threat detection rules, dashboards, reports, watchlists and alarms
- Out-of-the-box coverage of hundreds of data sources across endpoints, networks and cloud-based services and applications
- Open interface that integrates with McAfee and third-party security solutions
- Automatic provisioning
With ESM Cloud, organizations can quickly identify, investigate and resolve cyber threats, McAfee stated. They also can use ESM Cloud to maintain visibility across their systems, networks, databases and applications, leverage threat intelligence and comply with data security mandates.
Is the Demand for SIEM Solutions Increasing?
Along with McAfee, other cybersecurity companies recently have expanded their SIEM portfolios, including:
- Netsurion: The Top 200 MSSP last month announced the Remote Workforce Threat Detection feature for its EventTracker SIEM platform.
- Exabeam: The SIEM company in May added a practice for MSSPs and managed detection and response (MDR) providers to the Exabeam Partner Program.
- Open Systems: The secure access service edge (SASE) and SD-WAN provider in May launched an MDR service that leverages the Microsoft Azure Sentinel SIEM service.
Global SIEM market revenues are projected to increase at a 5.5 percent compound annual growth rate between 2020 and 2025, industry analyst MarketsandMarkets stated. These revenues also could total nearly $5.5 billion by 2025.