Atos Cybersecurity, MSSP Business Attracts More Takeover Interest: Report
It doesn’t sound like a deal is pending, but this is at least the second time in recent months that the Atos cybersecurity business has attracted potential buyout interest. The other example involved Thales contemplating a bid for the Atos cybersecurity unit in February 2022. Also, multiple private equity firms apparently explored a potential Atos acquisition in 2021.
Atos in February 2022 said the cybersecurity business unit was not for sale.
Atos Business Evolution
Atos is a global IT consulting firm with a Top 250 MSSP business unit. The overall company has 107,000 employees and worldwide scale. But revenue growth has been inconsistent — especially compared to cloud-centric MSPs and MSSPs that are riding the managed services and cybersecurity market waves.
Atos took $2.7 billion in write-downs in the second half of 2021. Rodolphe Belmer, who became CEO in January 2022, said the write-down will give the global IT consulting firm a fresh start. The write-downs involved goodwill for an infrastructure acquisition and various data center assets.
Atos Acquisitions: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Salesforce Expertise
- December 2021: Cloudreach, an Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure partner.
- December 2021: Salesforce partner AppCentrica.
- October 2021: DataSentics for artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) business solutions and products.
- July 2021: Visual BI, Nimblix and Ideal Grp. The companies offer expertise across Snowflake, high-performance computing and manufacturing expertise.
- March 2021: Processia, Cryptovision, and Ipsotek — to boost the global IT consulting firm’s product lifecycle management (PLM), cybersecurity and video analytics capabilities.
- February 2021: Salesforce partner Profit4SF.
- January 2021: Fedem, a Canadian cybersecurity consulting firm.