Blackpoint Cyber Introduces Multi-Tenant Threat Hunting for MSSPs
Blackpoint Cyber, a company that provides the Secure Network Analysis Platform (SNAP) for threat identification and remediation, has launched the SNAP-Defense 3.0 multi-tenant offering for MSSPs.
SNAP-Defense enables MSSPs to deliver next-generation cyber threat hunting and response, according to a prepared statement. It also allows MSSPs to remotely manage multiple networks via one platform.
SNAP-Defense helps MSSPs neutralize cyber threats before they spread, Blackpoint indicated. It enables MSSPs to identity threat behavior used in major network breaches and insider and outsider attacks, Blackpoint said, and delivers relevant threat information to an end user’s desktop.
Key features of SNAP-Defense include:
- Lateral Movement Detection: Identifies lateral movement techniques that are commonly used by hackers to allow malware to spread quickly and without detection.
- Live Network Mapping: Automatically maps an entire network in minutes to provide complete visibility and asset inventory of every connected device and the ability to pinpoint targeted devices immediately.
- Multiple Integration Options: Integrates with security products from Avira, Cisco and Sophos.
- Real-Time Alerts: Delivers real-time threat alerts and enables MSSPs to address threats with the click of a button.
- Risk and Compliance Reporting: Provides insights into IT security activities and offers support for PCI, HIPAA, HITRUST and other compliance requirements.
- Single Interface: Provides an overall view of every client network that an MSSP is currently monitoring.
SNAP-Defense’s multi-tenant architecture allows MSSPs to scale the offering across small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), according to Blackpoint. The architecture also will support future product extensions, such as using the SNAP Live Network Map to generate an asset list for PCI and NIST 800-171 compliance and development of Internet of Things (IoT) modules to enhance cybersecurity for energy and healthcare organizations and smart buildings.
Blackpoint: Here’s What You Need to Know
Blackpoint was founded by U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security experts. It is backed by investors Telcom Ventures and Orbis Operations and offers SNAP-Defense to help organizations enhance their cyber defenses, detect cyber threats and safeguard critical infrastructure.
In addition, Blackpoint offers a partner program for MSSPs. This program allows MSSPs to provide SNAP-Defense to SMBs that lack the staff to support threat hunting, according to Blackpoint.