MSSP Merger: Cerberus Sentinel, TalaTek Risk Management Join Together
TalaTek is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Cerberus, according to a prepared statement. In addition, TalaTek President Baan Alsinawi has been named managing director of Cerberus.
- This is M&A deal 296 that MSSP Alert and our sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2020. See the complete M&A deal list here.
- Also, this is M&A deal number 37 involving an MSSP since 2018.
TalaTek provides an “attractive model” for managed and consulting services, Cerberus CEO David Jemmett stated. The company enables Cerberus to help organizations comply with federal government and related security standards and grow its operations.
Meanwhile, TalaTek will continue to provide integrated risk management services to federal government and private sector organizations, Cerberus noted. TalaTek also will offer its TalaTek Intelligent Governance and Risk Integrated Solution (TiGRIS) platform to these organizations.
What Is TiGRIS?
TiGRIS is a FedRAMP-approved governance, risk and compliance (GRC) platform, TalaTek indicated. It is designed to help organizations comply with data privacy and security requirements.
Key features of TiGRIS include:
- Role-Based Access: Enables organizations to control user access to data and systems based on their role.
- Risk Scoring: Allows organizations to develop and implement metrics to manage risks.
- Risk Analytics: Provides insights into risks across all levels of an organization.
Organizations can use TiGRIS to gain visibility into their data and systems and understand the risks associated with them, TalaTek stated. In doing so, they can find ways to minimize risk across their data and systems.
A Closer Look at M&A Deals in 2020
With the Cerberus-TalaTek merger, there have been at least 37 M&A deals involving cybersecurity companies this year. There may be more cybersecurity M&A deals in the months to come, too.
Ultimately, M&A deals may help organizations overcome a global cybersecurity talent shortage. They may also enable organizations to integrate a wide range of security tools and technologies into their portfolios and capitalize on the rising demand for cybersecurity services.