MSSP ControlScan Adds MDR Services for Microsoft Office 365
Key features of ControlScan’s MDR services for Office 365 include:
- OneDrive and SharePoint file integrity monitoring.
- Security event and user activity log retention.
- Threat detection and response.
Furthermore, ControlScan’s security operations center (SOC) provides continuous monitoring across an organization’s Office 365 environment, the company said. It identifies security threats and remediates cyberattacks, as well as analyzes contextual information and correlates it against threat behavior activity provided by Microsoft licensing models.
ControlScan Acquires Dunbar Cybersecurity
In addition to its MDR services for Office 365 release, ControlScan in October acquired Dunbar Cybersecurity for an undisclosed sum. ControlScan also named Tom Callahan, Dunbar’s director of operations, as its director of MDR services.
ControlScan has integrated Dunbar’s Cyphon security information and event management (SIEM) and SOC platform into its managed security services, the company indicated. By doing so, ControlScan now uses Cyphon to help its customers identify and mitigate suspicious network activity.
What Is ControlScan?
ControlScan offers security and compliance solutions to help organizations safeguard their IT networks and protect payment card data. The company currently provides a variety of managed security services, including:
- Advanced Endpoint Security Service: Uses multi-faceted activity analysis and tracking, behavioral blocking and deep process inspection to protect organizations against cyber threats.
- File Integrity Monitoring: Notifies an organization any time that files are created or files are viewed, deleted or modified, and when group ownership of files has been changed.
- Security Awareness Training: Offers web-based security training to help an organization keep its employees up to date about evolving cyber threats.
- Unified Threat Management (UTM) Firewall: Delivers a single security appliance that can detect and prevent cyber threats from entering an organization’s network.
- Vulnerability Management Service: Automatically scans an organization’s network assets and prioritizes and reports on security vulnerabilities.
ControlScan also provides PCI and HIPAA compliance solutions, including gap analysis and security risk assessment offerings.