Earthling Security Launches ShareVault Alternative to Box, Dropbox
ShareVault is Earthling’s answer to the “many inflexible web-based document management solutions out there,” CEO Yusuf Ahmed said in a prepared statement.
It can be used in a cloud environment or on-premise, Earthling stated, and supports simple secure file sharing or enterprise-level content management.
ShareVault offers the following storage and collaboration features:
- Central repository that enables users to manage all content in the cloud, on-premise or both.
- Cloud enablement that allows users to only pay for what they use.
- Customizable collaboration workflows and tasks lists.
- Document version and access control capabilities.
- Full search capability.
- Meta tagging on all file types.
- Mobile app that ensures users can send a file from any device, at any time.
ShareVault also provides various security and compliance features, such as:
- Auditing capabilities.
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Remote wiping capabilities.
- User-based permissions.
- Zero-lock encryption.
In addition, the flexibility in the ShareVault deployment model helps users comply with many federal information security standards, including:
ShareVault is available via a self-contained server or software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform. All ShareVault capabilities are provided via the CMS and accessible by any device securely, according to Earthling.
Earthling Launches Cloud Hosting Platform
Earthling has made multiple cloud and managed services moves in recent months. In March 2017, for instance, the company introduced EarthlingCloud, a managed services platform designed to host web applications within a cloud environment.
EarthlingCloud is a compliance-as-a-service offering that can be included with any cloud build or migration project, Earthling said in a prepared statement.
It supports a “Managed Compliance Meets Managed Secure Hosting” model, Earthling noted, and provides users with the following services:
- Cloud compliance and security.
- Cost optimization and management.
- Data backup and recovery.
- DevOps optimization and automation.
- Performance monitoring and alerting.
- Secure cloud solution design and migration.
- Security operations center.
- Technical support and account management.
Earthling also launched FedRAMP-as-a-Service, which enables users to deploy an automated approach to on-board applications or platforms to a FedRAMP-compliant cloud environment.
FedRAMP-as-a-Service offers end-to-end automated security and managed compliance support, Earthling said, to help users achieve FedRAMP certification.