Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 1 February 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Women in Cybersecurity Initiative: Women in CyberSecurity (WiCyS), a nonprofit organization dedicated to the recruitment, retention and advancement of women in cybersecurity, is seeking participants for its Measuring Inclusion Workshops. This new program is designed to pinpoint and remove the barriers in the cybersecurity industry that keep women from being recruited, hired, retained and promoted at the same rate as men.
2. Product Launch: Leidos has released version 2.0 of its Zero Trust Readiness Level (ZTRL) tool suite. ZTRL is designed to accelerate Zero Trust adoption across the government in accordance with Executive Order 14028 and OMB memorandum M-22-09.
3. DNS Service Launched: Neustar Security Services, a provider of cloud-based security services, has unveiled UltraDDR (DNS Detection and Response), a DNS-based protection service aimed at combatting network breaches, ransomware attacks, phishing and supply chain compromise, while enforcing enterprise acceptable use policies for its users.
4. Help with Federal Compliance: To help federal agencies ensure their mobile technology is compliant with four major mobile app-related federal mandates in 2023, NowSecure has launched the GovAppDB and Threat Assessment Service.
5. Cloud Security: Protegrity, a data-centric security provider, announced that its proprietary data protection platform is now available in the Google Cloud Marketplace. This development allows Google Cloud Platform customers to apply advanced data security and privacy functionality as they move, store and use critical data in the cloud.
6. Russian-Ukraine Cyber War Report: Flashpoint, a risk and open-source intelligence firm, has published a new report that is a culmination of open-source intelligence gathered since the start of the Russia-Ukraine war. The report details exactly how this information has been applied across cyber, physical and informational battlefields over the last year.
7. Acquisition Complete: KnowBe4, a security awareness training and simulated phishing platform provider, has completed its acquisition by Vista Equity Partners, a global investment firm focused exclusively on enterprise software, data and technology-enabled businesses. Financial terms of the deal were disclosed at $24.90 per share in cash.
8. Threat Intelligence Partnership: SafeBreach has launched the Threat Intelligence Collective, a collaboration that enables seamless integration between the SafeBreach BAS platform and leading threat intelligence providers and platforms. SafeBreach and its partners are creating a more powerful way for security teams to ingest the latest threat intelligence, validate and visualize their exposure and prioritize remediation actions to prevent a breach, the company said.
9. Cyber Insurance Partnership: Cowbell is partnering with Millennial Shift Technologies, a custom branded e-trading platform suite, to deliver Cowbell’s cyber insurance programs. Cowbell Prime 100 and 250 is available on Millennial Shift’s e-trading broker platform, mFactor.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)