Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 18 April 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Fortinet Joins Cyber Defense Group: Fortinet announced it has become a member of the Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative (JCDC). The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) established JCDC in 2021 to bring together public and private entities with the goal to gather, analyze and share actionable information to more proactively protect and defend against cyber threats.
2. CISA Issues Guidance: Highlighting unique considerations for infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS), software-as-a-service (SaaS), and email-as-a-service (EaaS), the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) published the Trusted Internet Connections (TIC) 3.0 Cloud Use Case, which provides common network and multi-boundary security guidance for agencies that operate in cloud environments.
3. Industry Recognition: MSSP/MSP Netrix Global announced that it has achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner Status. Netrix states that it has met the rigorous criteria required by AWS, including the accreditations necessary to provide innovative solutions using AWS technologies including cloud infrastructure, automation, optimization, and management of complex environments.
4. Cybersecurity Certification: ThreatQuotient, a security operations platform provider, has debuted ThreatQ Academy Online, a new online training offering for clients and partners as part of ThreatQ Academy, which provides access to modules available in a custom catalog of online self-paced training.
5. Funding Boost: SpecterOps announced it has raised a $25 million Series A venture funding round led by Decibel. The funding will accelerate the adoption of BloodHound Enterprise (BHE), a platform for comprehensively removing identity attack paths in Microsoft’s Active Directory (AD) and Azure AD.
6. Product Launch: Armis announced that it has enhanced features of its Cybersecurity Asset Attack Surface Management (CAASM) Solution, giving security teams’ abilities to overcome asset visibility and exposure challenges. The new functionality will enable organizations to better identify gaps in security controls, prepare compliance reporting and audits, identify technical debt and more, the company said.
7: Industry Award: SolarWinds announced that Tim Brown, chief information security officer, has been named CISO of the year by the Globee Cybersecurity Awards. Brown was awarded the Gold award in this year’s Information Technology category.
8: Security Partnership: Syxsense announced a partnership with EVOTEK. Syxsense and EVOTEK will work together to help customers streamline endpoint management and security through the Syxsense portfolio of solutions.
9. EU Funding Measure: The European Commission on April 17 announced a 1.1-billion-euro ($1.2 billion) plan to counter growing cybersecurity threats, underscoring mounting concerns about a series of high-profile hacking incidents. The EU Cyber Solidarity Act will enable a European Cybersecurity Shield and a comprehensive Cyber Emergency Mechanism. The Shield will be made up of national and cross-border security operations centers, which will use artificial intelligence and advanced data analytics to detect cross-border cyber threats and incidents. (Source: Reuters)
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco, California)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Infosec World (September 25-27, Lake Buena Vista, Florida)