Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 6 March 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Recognition: Managed security services provider (MSSP) Nuspire has been recognized as a leader for both growth and innovation in Frost & Sullivan’s Frost Radar: Americas Managed and Professional Security Services, 2023. The report identifies companies that show significant growth potential, innovation and customer value within the managed security and professional security services markets.
2. Threat Intelligence from CISA: Since the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) announced its first edition of Best Practices for MITRE ATT&CK Mapping nearly two years ago, the ATT&CK framework has evolved. To match these advances, CISA recently published a second edition of its mapping guide and has issued a new accompaniment to its Decider tool. CISA also offers a fact sheet and brief video that will familiarize cyber pros with Decider’s key features.
3. Partnership Reduces Login Issues: F5, a multi-cloud application services and security company, is partnering with Visa to help merchants securely reduce login friction for their customers. The F5 Distributed Cloud Authentication Intelligence uses artificial intelligence and behavior analytics to securely recognize returning customers, eliminating their need to log in with a username and password.
4. Industry Recognition: SentinelOne announced that Gartner has given the autonomous cybersecurity platform provider the highest scores across the Type A, B, and C customer use cases in its 2022 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Endpoint Protection Platforms. Out of the 18 vendors included in the report, SentinelOne was the only vendor that received the highest score across all three Critical Capabilities use cases.
5. Leadership Moves: Bugcrowd, a specialist in crowdsourced cybersecurity, has appointed three security executives to drive sales growth, channel partnerships and strategic alliances. Bugcrowd has named Paul Ciesielski as chief revenue officer, Emily Ferdinando as vice president of marketing, Mark W. Rossiter as vice president of sales-Americas, and Jason Cowie as vice president of global channel sales & strategic alliances.
6. Leadership Moves: NetSPI has announced two leadership appointments: Vinay Anand as chief product officer and Jay Golonka as chief financial officer. Anand and Golonka bring decades of experience supporting high-growth technology companies and will be instrumental in leading NetSPI’s technology growth, the company said.
7. Industry Recognition: Perception Point, a provider of advanced threat protection across digital channels, has been recognized in the 2023 Gartner Market Guide for Email Security for the fourth year in a row. The report recognized Perception Point for three products: Advanced Email Security, Advanced Internal Email Security and Advanced Collaboration Security.
8. Cybersecurity Education: The National University of Singapore (NUS) School of Computing has launched its Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Programme in collaboration with Emeritus. The NUS CTO Programme is designed for commercially driven technology/digital leaders, with 10-plus years of work experience and five years of management and technology experience, who want to emerge as a transformative technology leader by becoming a trusted advisor to the CEO.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)
- Identiverse 2023 (May 30 – June 2, Las Vegas, Nevada)