MSSP Trustwave Introduces GDPR Compliance Services for Businesses
Trustwave, a Top 100 MSSP that provides cybercrime, data protection and security risk management offerings, today launched services designed to help businesses comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). These services teach companies about the flow and housing of personal data through each department and associated compliance risks, along with how new GDPR principles apply to this process, according to a prepared statement.
The Trustwave GDPR compliance services include:
- Data Protection Impact Assessment: Offers an evaluation of ongoing GDPR compliance focused on high-risk business processes.
- GDPR Privacy and Information Security Risk Assessment: Helps a business assess how well it is addressing GDPR in terms of personal data and sensitive personal data paths and how data is collected, processed, protected and housed internally and externally.
- GDPR Workshop: Outlines the scope of GDPR and its requirements.
With these compliance services, organizations can remove the anxiety associated with GDPR processes and procedures, Trustwave Vice President of Global Compliance and Risk Services Michael Aminzade said. The services also empower organizations to satisfy GDPR requirements, Aminzade stated, and avoid fines for non-compliance.
What Is GDPR?
GDPR takes effect on May 25, 2018, and defines how organizations should collect, process and store data. The regulation is designed to achieve the following goals:
- Enhance data protection laws to incorporate internet, mobile, social media and other current and emerging technologies.
- Provide EU citizens with more control than ever before over their personal data.
- Unify data protection laws in all European countries.
An organization that violates GDPR may receive fines of up to 4 percent of its annual revenue (up to €20 million, or roughly $26.5 million). As such, many organizations are committing substantial time and resources to prepare for GDPR.
Trustwave Introduces Online Learning System, Secure Cloud Gateway Services
In addition to the launch of GDPR compliance services, Trustwave continues to take steps to extend its global reach.
Trustwave last month introduced Academy for Partners, an online learning system available to the company’s channel partners. Academy for Partners offers formal training courses to help Trustwave partners identify new sales opportunities and deliver the company’s managed security services.
Also, Trustwave in June unveiled secure cloud gateway services for web and email security. These services help businesses fight cybercrime, protect data and reduce risk, Trustwave said in a prepared statement.