MSSP Acquisition: Protos Buys Security Resources
Protos Security has acquired Security Resources (SRI), uniting two managed security services providers (MSSPs). Private equity firm Southfield Capital acquired Protos in February.
The twist? Both MSSPs focus on physical security rather than cybersecurity.
SRI provides security guard and related solutions via its managed services platform and in-house manned guard division. It uses both internally managed guards and a network of security guard companies to allow organizations to outsource guard onboarding and management.
SRI provides the following security services:
- Permanent Guard Service: Includes access to account managers, security advisors and security guards and security program management.
- Temporary Guard Service: Provides on-demand access to security guards.
- Emergency Guard Service: Offers access to professional, trained security guards, off-duty police officers and marked patrol vehicles, along with a training program that teaches security guards how to respond to emergencies.
- Concierge Service: Ensures organizations can work with concierge security guards who work in residential or commercial settings.
- Fire Watch: Helps organizations avoid shutdowns and fines related to fire hazards.
Protos delivers end-to-end security guard management services across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. The MSSP offers a security guard service that provides real-time security guard data via a web app.
MSSP Mergers, Acquisitions, Investments and Buyouts
Meanwhile, M&A activity involving technology- and cyber-related MSSPs remains strong — as this growing list of MSSP mergers and acquisitions shows.
Stay tuned to ChannelE2E for ongoing updates involving private equity activity in the IT solutions provider, MSP and CSP markets.