MSSP Acquired: PwC Buys Microsoft Identity Security Provider Avaleris
This is technology M&A deal number 573 that MSSP Alert and sister site ChannelE2E have covered so far in 2021.
- See all technology M&A deals for 2021 and 2020 listed here.
- See all MSSP merger and acquisition (M&A) deals listed here.
Avaleris, headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, has roughly 30 employees. Those team members will tuck into PwC’s security team.
Avaleris: MSSP Business Expertise
Key Avaleris partners include Microsoft and Saviynt, which develops a cloud-native Identity Governance and Administration (IGA) platform.
Avaleris services include:
- Consulting and advisory services for digital transformation strategies & roadmaps; hybrid identity & cybersecurity strategies; and Microsoft 365 and Teams strategies & roadmaps.
- Security strategies & assessments including data loss prevention strategies & roadmaps; IT security policies, standards & procedures; and Microsoft Office 365, application or corporate security assessments.
- Solution design and deployment services.
- IT & security training & knowledge transfer activities.
- Managed identity services.
The Avaleris executive team has experience building and selling technology companies, The founders previously launched and sold The Exocom Group and Alacris to Manitoba Telecom Services (MTS) and Microsoft, respectively.
PwC Canada Acquires Avaleris: Executive Perspectives
In a prepared statement about the deal, Saj Nair, partner & national technology & cloud leader, PwC Canada, said:
“PwC is thrilled to welcome the Avaleris team to PwC. Their work has proven to build a strong reputation with clients, as well as a longstanding strategic partnership with Microsoft. The team’s focus on people, delivery excellence and innovation are a great fit with PwC culture and values. Many of our clients are partnering with Microsoft for their digital and cloud transformations. We aim to help our joint clients to reimagine enterprise cybersecurity and securely accelerate digital and cloud transformation using next-gen capabilities powered by Microsoft solutions.”
Added Avaleris CEO Ron MacDonell:
“Our team of talented and innovative cybersecurity professionals are thrilled to join the PwC team and take on new challenges and opportunities for growth,. Given the strong alignment of our culture and values, PwC clients will continue to benefit from the innovations and unparalleled capabilities they have come to expect.”
The acquisition welcomes over 30 highly experienced cybersecurity professionals to the PwC network.
PwC Acquisition Experience
PwC has a Top 250 MSSP business unit. But the company’s recent acquisitions have focused mostly on business applications expertise.
Previous PwC purchases include:
- November 2020: Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud consulting & migration partner EagleDream Technologies.
- October 2020: Tyconz’s Enterprise Business Applications Operations, an SAP partner and enterprise applications consulting firm.
The overall PwC business spans 284,000 people (in 155 countries) who offer assurance, advisory and tax services. The Canadian team spans more than 7,000 partners.