Internal MSP Security: Blackpoint Cyber’s Pitch
Blackpoint Cyber, a security operations and incident response provider, has launched the MSP Protect program to help MSPs secure their internal networks.
The MSP Protect program provides MSPs with access to Blackpoint’s SNAP-Defense cybersecurity operations platform and managed detection and response (MDR) security service, the company said. In doing so, the program ensures that MSPs can quickly identify and address suspicious activity across their networks.
Cybercriminals Increasingly Target MSPs
The MSP Protect program announcement comes after several recent ransomware attacks affected MSPs, including:
- Insynq: Experienced a ransomware attack that rendered data on some of its servers inaccessible.
- Visma: Experienced a ransomware attack that allowed cybercriminals to infiltrate the company’s network.
- Data Resolution: Experienced a Ryuk ransomware attack.
There are many ways that MSPs can guard against ransomware attacks and other cyber threats, including:
- Sign up for U.S. Department of Homeland Security Alerts to stay up to date about emerging cyber threats.
- Review the NIST Cybersecurity Framework to learn how to mitigate risk both internally and across a customer base.
- Develop and deploy cybersecurity awareness training programs for employees and customers.
- Explore partnerships with data protection vendors; that way, an MSP can find new ways to prevent and mitigate cyber attacks and recover data in the event of a cyber attack or data breach.
- Attend channel-related conferences, along with cybersecurity events such as the RSA Conference, Black Hat and Amazon AWS re:Inforce.
New tools are becoming available to help MSPs combat cyber attacks, too.