EDR Security Strategies vs. Ransomware Attacks
Video interview: Where does EDR (endpoint detection and response) fit in an overall strategy vs ransomware? Fortinet VP Jonathan Nguyen-Duy explains.
How can endpoint detection and response (EDR) mitigate the growing threat of ransomware and associated malware attacks? In this MSSP Alert video interview, we cover that question and more with Jonathan Nguyen-Duy, vice president, field CISO strategic services, Fortinet.
- 0:00 – What’s driving ransomware attacks?
- 2:45 – Why we’re entering the “Golden Age” of ransomware.
- 3:46 – Where EDR (endpoint detection and response) fits into the ransomware mitigation conversation.
- 6:09 – How far we are into the MDR (managed detection and response) and EDR journey.
- 7:59 – How much automation can MDR and EDR deliver for MSSPs?
- 11:40 – How AI systems are in “learning mode” to combat new and emerging ransomware strains.
- 13:50 – First steps MSSPs can take to mitigate threats — including security awareness training and more.
- 15:15 – How to engage Fortinet and reach Jonathan on LinkedIn.
- 15:42 – Conclusion.
PS: Got questions for Jonathan and the Fortinet team? Simply email [email protected].