Thales Data Security Portfolio Gains Encryption, Tokenization Capabilities
Thales e-Security, the cybersecurity division of French multinational company Thales Group, has incorporated encryption, key management and tokenization capabilities into its multi-cloud data security portfolio.
Now, Thales’ data security solutions ensure both Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) users can leverage the Vormetric Data Security Manager (DSM), which offers centralized, FIPS 140-2 certified key and policy management, Thales said in a prepared statement.
Thales also provides the following data security solutions for multi-cloud environments:
- nShield BYOK: Offers a FIPS 140-2 certified key management solution that provides organizations with centralized control over their encryption keys. nShield BYOK is available for AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
- nShield Web Services Crypto API: Helps organizations avoid custom software integration with hardware security modules (HSMs) and enables them to use any custom or non-standard operating system.
- Vormetric Transparent Encryption: Safeguards data with file- and volume-level data-at-rest encryption, access controls and data access audit logging for on-premises, public clouds and hosted services.
- Vormetric Key Management as a Service (KMaaS): Allows users to establish custodianship and controls over encryption keys. KMaaS is available for Salesforce Platform Encryption and can be used in the cloud or deployed on-premises.
- Vormetric Cloud Encryption Gateway (VCEG): Delivers client-side encryption for Amazon S3 and compatible services.
- Vormetric Orchestrator: Streamlines the deployment, scale and operations of DSM for on-premises and multi-cloud environments.
DSM features Azure support for Vormetric Transparent Encryption Live Data Transformation and container security, Thales stated. In addition, DSM supports the Vormetric Tokenization Server platform, which enables workloads running in Azure to tokenize data, Thales said.
Thales’ data security solutions integrate with AWS, Google and other cloud platforms, the company indicated. They allow organizations to simplify data security control, Thales said, and ensure compliance over data security in multi-cloud environments.
Thales Network Monitoring Tool
Thales has been active on multiple M&D fronts. For instance, the company in May unveiled CipherTrust Monitor 2.0, a network monitoring tool update.
CipherTrust Monitor 2.0 enables network operations teams to track both Thales payShield payment security and Thales nShield cryptographic HSMs through a single pane of glass, the company said in a prepared statement.
Also, CipherTrust Monitor 2.0 provides network operations teams with advanced monitoring and displays and a new auditor role, Thales stated.
Thales offers data security solutions and services to businesses and governments around the globe, according to the company.
With Thales’ data security solutions, organizations can leverage encryption, key management, tokenization, privileged user control and other cybersecurity capabilities to protect sensitive data and maintain regulatory compliance, Thales noted.