Intertek Quality Assurance Buys NTA Monitor Info Security Services
NTA complements and enhances Intertek’s network assurance solutions, according to a prepared statement. It expands Intertek’s network assurance services and helps the company meet the rising demand for cybersecurity solutions in the UK.
NTA is an information security consultancy, auditing and penetration testing services provider. It offers a variety of information security services, including:
- Compliance: Promotes compliance with PCI-DSS, FCA, SOX and other industry mandates.
- Incident Readiness: Enables organizations to streamline escalation and response to suspected or actual security incidents.
- Risk Assessment: Helps organizations define and manage cyber risks.
- Testing: Offers penetration assessments for applications, networks and systems.
NTA also partners with Evolve Secure Solutions (ESS), an MSSP that offers the following services:
- Firewall management.
- Intrusion detection and prevention system management.
- Managed data protection services.
- Network and system security auditing.
- Security information and event management (SIEM).
- Security scanning.
- Unified threat management.
- Vulnerability assessment.
- Web gateway management.
ESS managed security services are backed by fully audited ISO/IEC 27001 information security management system and processes, according to the company. It provides these services to private and public customers across the UK.
Intertek: Here’s What You Need to Know
Intertek is a total quality assurance solutions provider. The company boasts 43,000 employees in 1,000 locations globally and provides quality and safety solutions to organizations in a wide range of industries, including:
Intertek recorded 7.9 percent year-over-year revenue growth in 2017, and the NTA acquisition could help the company increase its earnings in the UK cybersecurity market.
The UK cybersecurity market is valued at approximately $5 billion, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce‘s International Trade Administration (ITA). It is the largest cybersecurity market in Europe, ITA noted, and could grow quickly in the near future due to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and rising number of cyberattacks against UK enterprises and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs).