Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 03 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
2. Partnership – Endpoint Security: McAfee and Fujitsu Client Computing Ltd (FCCL) have signed a multi-year OEM partnership extension for McAfee LiveSafe — which includes antivirus and web protection.
3. More SolarWinds Attack Analysis: The latest report analyzing the SolarWinds Orion attacks comes from the New York State Department of Financial Services…
4. Accellion Vulnerabilities – City Breach: The City of Toronto says it suffered a “potential cyber breach” from a hack of data from use of its Accellion FTA file transfer server in January that may have involved the health information of individuals. Source: IT World Canada, April 30, 2021.
5. Ransomware Attack: A ransomware group caught targeting a recently patched SonicWall vulnerability leveraged that vulnerability before the patch became available, Mandiant reported, according to SC Magazine.
7. Pulse Secure Compromise: The latest CISA update is here.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar