10 Most Read MSSP Security Stories: Week of 26 June 2020
Within the MSSP (managed security services provider) market, here are the 10 news, research and analysis stories that attracted the most readership for the week ended June 6, 2020, according to MSSP Alert:
1. Microsoft Buys CyberX: The deal will boost various Microsoft Azure cloud services and MSSP partners with more security capabilities. Financial terms were not disclosed.
2. Atos Acquires MDR Provider: The deal involves Paladion, a provider of managed detection and response (MDR) and security operations center (SOC) services.
3. Perch Security Hires David Powell: The co-managed threat detection and response provider Perch Security has hired well-known MSP industry veteran David Powell as senior VP of sales. The move comes as Perch expands its MSP partner base, and also emerges as a core component of the ConnectWise SOC (security operations center) while also working more closely with such giants as Cisco Systems.
4. Google Chrome Browser Hacks: Millions of Google Chrome users worldwide have been robbed of money and personal credentials by hackers planting hundreds of dodgy extensions into the browser as part of an enormous surveillance campaign, new research said.
5. ConnectWise Automate Hotfix: The story has been on our top 10 for roughly two weeks.
6. Top 20 MDR Companies: Still a reader favorite more than a year after we wrote it.
7. MDR M&A List: A look at 16 (so far) mergers and acquisitions across the managed detection and response (MDR) industry.
9. Huntress Labs MSP Platform: Imagine if Microsoft 365 continually gained new SaaS applications — but Microsoft didn’t charge additional fees for each new SaaS application that surfaced on the platform. That’s the newly unveiled strategy at Huntress Labs, a managed detection and response (MDR) services provider that works closely with MSPs and VARs.