Autonomic SOC: Avirtek Wins Government Deal
Is it possible to develop an “autonomous” security operations center? Apparently, the U.S. government wants to find out.
No doubt, thousands of MSPs and MSSPs (managed security services providers) are seeking to automate more and more of their SOC tasks and capabilities. But the road to a fully automated — i.e., autonomous — SOC will likely be a long one.
Still, the journey is under way. For instance, Avirtek has been awarded $1.5 million by the U.S. Air Force and Army to develop an autonomic security operations center (ASoC) product for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), which has provided the company with more than $7 million in non-dilutive funding to date.
Avirtek’s ASoC will deliver automated and intelligent data analytics to guarantee that any data source being used by DoD is trustworthy, according to a prepared statement.
It also will detect malicious components embedded in data objects and provide intelligent capabilities to help DoD identify the exact locations of malicious components and the safest methods to remove these components from compromised data objects.
A Closer Look at Avirtek
Avirtek provides cybersecurity technologies that self-manage and self-protect networks, applications and data with minimal human intervention. The company’s cybersecurity technologies include:
- Anomaly Behavior Analysis: Continuously analyzes system behaviors and determines appropriate responses based on policies.
- Automated and Integrated Management: Analyzes data flow across network, software and biometric modules for threat detection and protection.
- Active Cyber Security: Monitors system operations, analyzes system behaviors and takes action once a threat is detected.
- User-Cyber Footprint: Helps organizations address insider threats that could compromise computers, networks and data.
- Web Analysis and Protection: Provides 24/7 website monitoring.
Avirtek also integrates biometrics and cyber-metrics with predictive analysis and automated responses, the company stated. In doing so, Avirtek helps organizations quickly identify and mitigate cyberattacks.