Expel Transparent Managed Security: Here’s What You Need to Know
Expel, a Virginia-based MSSP that offers cyber detection, resilience and response services, has introduced a “transparent” managed security offering that enables the company’s security analysts and customers to use the same interface, Expel says.
The Expel transparent managed security service blends the Expel Workbench interface and Expel security analyst monitoring, the company said. By doing so, the service empowers Expel’s customers and security analysts to work together to identify and address cyberattacks.
Key features of Expel transparent managed security include:
- Alerting: Expel customers can review alert details, including a timeline that shows what happened before, during and after a security incident.
- Dashboards: Expel customers can view dashboards to measure the performance of the company’s security analysts and identify improvement areas.
- Investigation and Response: Expel customers can see how the company’s security analysts are approaching each investigation, including their rationale, methods and what they have discovered to date.
- Monitoring: Expel security analysts provide 24×7 threat monitoring of customer environments.
- Threat Hunting: Expel security analysts proactively hunt for malicious activity in customer environments.
Expel’s transparent managed security service also is designed to filter out false positives, the company noted, to help customers quickly engage on relevant threats.
How Does Expel Transparent Managed Security Work?
Expel transparent managed security uses the following steps to help customers address cyber threats:
- Connect to a customer’s cybersecurity products. The service works in conjunction with the cybersecurity products that a customer already uses to detect threats. In addition, Expel offers out-of-the-box integrations with products from Carbon Black, LogRhythm, Palo Alto Networks and other endpoint, network and security information and event management (SIEM) companies.
- Perform alert triage and investigation. Expel security analysts triage alerts and investigate incidents in a customer’s environment.
- Provide actionable cybersecurity insights. Expel security analysts provide a detailed findings report to help a customer understand a security incident and what can be done to fix it.
- Offer resilience recommendations. Expel security analysts offer resilience recommendations based on a customer’s environment and past threats to help fix the root cause of recurring events or prevent these events from happening.
Expel transparent managed security is now available; Expel offers three service levels with pricing that starts at $14,400 per month for 1,000 endpoints.