Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) News: 11 June 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, June 11, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – Cyber Hygiene: Cyber Observer has raised $8 million in Series B funding and from Merlin International. Moreover, the company has expanded into the North American cybersecurity market with an internal cyber hygiene platform, which provides guidance and scoring to enterprises across the market’s diverse cybersecurity tool ecosystem, the company asserts.
2. Funding – Threat Detection and Response: Vectra has raised $100 million to fund the company’s AI-driven cloud security using network detection and response.
3. Microsoft Azure Cloud SIEM: For an up-close look At Microsoft Azure Sentinel — the company’s public cloud SIEM platform — check out this TechGenix report. Azure sentinel is expected to compete in some ways with Chronicle Backstory — a Google Sister company.
4. Patch Management: Avast has launched a new Patch Management service to help small and midsize businesses manage necessary security updates more easily and efficiently. Avast Business Patch Management is a centralized service that automatically identifies critical patches, prioritizes their deployment, and monitors the outcome to maintain security integrity, Avast asserts.
5. Network Security Appliances: Untangle has launched zSeries appliances, “expanding its Network Security Framework while offering better performance and functionality at a lower price point,” the company claims.
6. Healthcare IT Solutions: HP has rolled out healthcare-centric technologies that are “safer, smarter and secured,” the company claims.
7. Healthcare Cybersecurity: NaviSec, an SMB-focused cybersecurity company, has launched a portfolio of offensive and defensive cybersecurity services for the healthcare industry.
8. Report – Symantec Email Problem: Symantec on Monday was working to restore its Email Security.cloud service following a major slowdown that has lasted throughout the US morning and into the afternoon on June 10, according to The Register. MSSP Alert has not independently confirmed the report.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Cybersecurity Partnerships
2. IoT Security: Clovity and Dispersive Networks are partnering to provide ultra-secure IoT networking solutions in Clovity’s Retail, Financial Services, Healthcare, Industrial and Smart City customers.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19, Maryland)
- AWS re:inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference 2019 (June 25-26, Boston, Massachusetts)
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.