Managed Security Services Provider Morning News: 25 October 2017
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, October 25, 2017:
10. Funding: KnowBe4 has raised $30 million in Series B financing, led by new investor Goldman Sachs Growth Equity (GS Growth) with existing investor Elephant participating. The new round brings KnowBe4’s total financing to $44 million. The new funds will primarily be invested in international growth and product development. KnowBe4 sales jumped 263 percent in Q3 2017 vs. Q3 2016. KnowBe4 develops security awareness training and a simulated phishing platform, which is used by more than 13,000 organizations worldwide.
9. Personal Cyber Insurance: Memo to high net worth individuals… Now, even you can buy cyber insurance.
8. Selling Cybersecurity: Cylance has embraced InsideSales.com’s AI-powered sales solution — known as “Predictive Playbooks” — for its EMEA-based inside sales teams.
7. Employees File Data Breach Lawsuit: Let’s say your company suffers a data breach. Surely, you might be worried about customers suing you over data loss. But what if your own employees wind up suing you over the breach. It could happen…
6. Kaspersky Lab and NSA Tools: Yes, Kaspersky Lab got a hold of NSA hacking & surveillance tools. But the company claims the move was an accident… We’ll share more details later today.
5. Patch & Vulnerability Management: Cygilant (formerly EiQ Networks) has launched a new combined Vulnerability and Patch Management (VPM) subscription service. We’ll share more details soon…
4. Next-Gen Firewalls: The Sophos XG Firewall now supports identification of unknown application traffic by using information directly from the endpoint; network application controls that automatically identify, classify and control various web applications; and new deployment options. Sophos XG Firewall is available for on-premise and cloud deployment, on all the major virtualization platforms as well as through the Microsoft Azure marketplace, the company says.
3. Ransomware Attack: FirstHealth of the Carolinas suffered a WannCry-related ransomware attack last week, but it sounds like the health care organization effectively isolated the outbreak to minimize damage.
2. Bad Rabbit Ransomware Vaccine: As the Bad Rabbit ransomware attack continues to spread worldwide, Cybereason claims it has a vaccine for the malware. We have not independently confirmed if the vaccine works…
1. MSP to MSSP Transition: Keep an eye on this week’s Empower MSP conference, hosted by SolarWinds MSP, for more details…