Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP): 12 June 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, June 12, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Funding – Security Awareness Training: CybeReady has raised $5 million in venture capital funding and expanded its autonomous cybersecurity training platform for enterprises into North American market.
2. Funding – Security Awareness Training Part Two: KnowBe4, a security awareness training & simulated phishing platform provider, has raised $300 million at $1 billion ‘unicorn’ valuation, up from $800 million valuation a few months ago.
3. Funding – Managed Detection and Response (MDR): Critical Start, a Top 100 MSSP with managed detection and response (MDR) cybersecurity services, has raised $40 million for nationwide, enterprise & channel partner expansion.
5. M&A – Identity & Access Management: HID Global is acquiring the international identity solutions business of De La Rue (LSE:DLAR). The acquisition will broaden HID Global’s position in the government-to-citizen identification market, the company says.
6. SSO and Multi-Factor Authentication: LogMeIn has expanded its suite of LastPass Business with identity capabilities in the SMB market. Expanding beyond its signature password management capabilities, the new LastPass Business lineup introduces new single-sign-on (SSO) technology for more than 1,200 apps, as well as LastPass MFA, an adaptive, biometric-based authentication solution, and LastPass Identity, a unified access and authentication solution to securely manage user identity, the company says.
7. Vulnerability Management: A new NetSPI Resolve vulnerability management integration framework allows financial, healthcare, retail, technology, and other businesses to automate time-consuming manual processes and improve vulnerability management, the company asserts.
8. Google Gmail, Calendar Security: A warning from Kaspersky.
9. Privileged Access Security Assessment Tool: CyberArk’s new offering is described here.
9. SOC Threat Hunting Competition: Details from Splunk are here.
10. Talent: Tufin, which develops a policy-centric approach to security and IT operations, has added two board members: Tom Schodorf, former SVP of Sales and Field Operations at Splunk, and Brian Gumbel, SVP of Worldwide Sales at Forescout Technologies.
11. Zero Trust: Edgewise Networks has launched a platform to simplify the “creation and management of zero trust environments with one-click microsegmentation,” the company says.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Cybersecurity Partnerships
1. Security Analytics: Check Point Software Technologies has released CloudGuard Log.ic. The solution allows customers to see “every data flow and audit trail in today’s elastic cloud environments, and make sense of cloud data and activities to expedite forensic investigation processes,” Check Point asserts. In a follow-up email with MSSP Alert, Check Point confirmed that CloudGaurd Log.ic is multi-tenant with a single pane of glass for MSSPs to manage the system.
3. Cyber Insurance & Risk Management: Specialist reinsurance broker BMS Group has partnered with cybersecurity ratings company BitSight, to provide cyber risk analysis services to BMS clients across all lines of business as part of BMS’s consultancy offering, Insurance Business Management reports.
4. Cloud Security: Netskope has expanded its global partner program with new programs and benefits that align wit the company’s g ONECloud cloud security offering.
5. Partnership: Farsight Security and ThreatSTOP have partnered to introduce ThreatSTOP NOD. The offering enables organizations to automatically prevent attacks by blocking or redirecting new domains, the companies say.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (June 17-19, Maryland)
- AWS re:inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference 2019 (June 25-26, Boston, Massachusetts)
- MSSP Accelerator: Sales and Marketing Summit (July 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Cyber:Secured Forum 2019 (July 29-31, Austin, Texas)
- Black Hat USA 2019 (August 3-9, Las Vegas)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.