Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 03 January 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Crypto Cybersecurity Report: Following the recent FTX debacle, the Decentralized Think Tank released an industry update on the topic of cybersecurity for crypto exchanges. The report explores the importance of confidential computing in securing the future of crypto exchanges alongside naming a number of emerging leaders in the field, including HUB Security, Fortanix, Microsoft, Intel, Enigma, Crypsis, ChainGuardian, and CipherTrace.
2. Cybersecurity Partnership: Fidelis Cybersecurity announced that its platforms have been added to the Department of Defense (DoD) Enterprise Software Initiative (ESI) program as part of Carahsoft Technology Corp.’s most recent award. This will make it easier and faster for the DoD and U.S. Intelligence Community to expedite threat detection, hunting, and response in hybrid environments with Fidelis Cybersecurity technologies.
3. High Wire Networks Awarded Contract: High Wire Networks, a managed security and technology enablement services provider, has won a contract renewal to deliver tech services for a Fortune 500 healthcare company with more than 3,000 medical clinics nationwide. The renewal is valued at $1.2 million annually, increasing from the previous $600,000 contract announced last year. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
4. Ransomware Attack: Copper Mountain Mining Corporation reports that IT systems at its Copper Mountain Mine and corporate office were subject to a ransomware attack on December 27, 2022. The company said it quickly implemented its risk management systems and protocols in response to the attack.