Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 06 January 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Industry Certification Achieved: Redspin, authorized as a Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) Third-Party Assessment Organization (C3PAO), announced that its client, Aero-Glen International, passed its Joint Surveillance Voluntary Assessment Program (JSVAP) assessment. The JSVAP verifies proper cybersecurity practices and processes are in place to securely handle the U.S. Department of Defense’s (DoD) sensitive information.
2. Axiad Receives Awards: Axiad, a provider of organization-wide passwordless orchestration, has earned two prestigious industry awards, winning the CyberSecured and Cybersecurity Excellence Awards for Axiad Cloud.
3. Ransomware Attack Update: Copper Mountain Mining Corporation announced that Copper Mountain Mine has resumed production after a December 27 ransomware attack.
4. Cybersecurity Research: Clever, a platform used by U.S. K-12 schools to simplify and secure digital learning, released survey of school administrators and teachers revealing that the two groups perceive security vulnerabilities differently. According to the data, three out of four districts say they will increase their spending on security and privacy in the next two to three years.
5. Cybersecurity Partnership: OneLayer, a specialist in securing private LTE/5G networks for enterprises, announced that it is now tightly integrated with Pente Networks’ private cellular orchestration and management solution. Through the collaboration, Pente’s customers can magnify their packet core capabilities and implement an enterprise zero trust framework.
6. Research Group Formed: CaixaBank and 11 international entities have formed a European research consortium to explore ways to improve cybersecurity by using artificial intelligence and big data. (Source: FinTech Global0
7. Bitdefender Product Release: Antivirus company Bitdefender has released a decryptor for the MegaCortex ransomware family, making it possible for victims of the once notorious gang to restore their data for free. (Source: Bleeping Computer)
8. Government Contract Awarded: Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC) has been selected by the United States Transportation Command to modernize the organization’s IT management systems. “Our work with customers like United States Central Command and the Air Force’s Cloud One program has positioned SAIC to deliver mission enabling enterprise IT, including top-tier end user satisfaction, fully integrated mission enhancement and cybersecurity through zero trust and cloud migration,” said Michael LaRouche, president of the National Security and Space Sector at SAIC.