Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 19 January 2023
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected]Alliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. CISA Leader Stepping Down: Daniel Bardenstein, chief of technology strategy & delivery for the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), announced that he will be resigning. Bardenstein, who joined the nation’s cyber defense agency in December 2021, said in a tweet that he was leaving “much earlier” than he had originally anticipated. (Source: FCW)
2. Rackspace Products Release: Rackspace Technology announced the launch Rackspace Technology Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) Rackspace SDDC Enterprise, Rackspace SDDC Business, and Rackspace SDDC Flex. These new offerings will provide targeted solutions for organizations to bridge the gap between the cloud and data centers. (Source: Seeking Alpha).
3. Cybersecurity Research: SynSaber has released its second Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Vulnerabilities & CVEs Report. The report analyzes the 920-plus CVEs released by the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) in the second half of 2022.
4. Cyber Law Practice Expands: National labor and employment law firm Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete has welcomed a 44-member team, including 32 experienced attorneys, in a significant expansion of the firm’s Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice.
5. Educational Partnership: The International Council of E-Commerce Consultants (EC-Council) is partnering with edX, a global online learning platform. EC-Council’s Essentials Series is the first cybersecurity professional certificate of its kind to be offered on edX. The beginner level series is designed for people aspiring toward a career in cybersecurity.
6. Industry Recognition: Bitdefender Internet Security has again been named Product of the Year, for the highest overall scores throughout all 2022 tests, by AV-Comparatives, an independent testing firm for cybersecurity solutions. “With five Product of The Year Awards in 10 years, Bitdefender demonstrates its strength in protecting consumer data by detecting and stopping threats as they occur,” said Andreas Clementi, AV-Comparatives’ founder and CEO.
7. Cybersecurity Partner Program Debuts: TuxCare, a specialist in enterprise-grade cybersecurity for Linux, has launched of its TuxCare OEM Partner Program, which aims to easily arm original equipment manufacturer (OEM) partners with its KernelCare Enterprise and LibCare solutions.
8. Cybersecurity Resource Guide Offered: ScottHall has launched a guide of security tips for WordPress websites. The new guide was motivated, in part, by the significant growth in cyberattacks in 2022. According to a mid-year security report from Check Point Software, the first six months of 2022 saw a 42% increase in cyberattacks globally. (Source: Seeking Alpha)