Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 19 December 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Hacker Alert: The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Food and Drug Administration Office of Criminal Investigations, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) have released a joint Cybersecurity Advisory (CSA) detailing recently observed incidents of criminal actors using business email compromise to steal shipments of food products and ingredients valued at hundreds of thousands of dollars.
2. Cybersecurity Partnership: Zscaler has joined the Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative (JCDC). Zscaler will work with JCDC to enhance the collective cybersecurity posture of the United States and strategic international partners. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
3. Product Launch: Keeper Security, a provider of zero-trust and zero-knowledge cybersecurity software protecting passwords, secrets and connections, announced that its latest iOS updates include integration of the One-Time Share feature.
4. Cybersecurity Partnership: Cerby, an identity security provider, announced that it has been selected to join the Microsoft for Startups program designed to help emerging B2B players expand customer acquisition initiatives with solutions that meet business needs.
5. Leadership Moves: (ISC)², the world’s largest nonprofit association of certified cybersecurity professionals, announced newly elected officers for its 2023 Board of Directors. The elected individuals will serve one-year terms as an officer, beginning January 1, 2023.
6. Bug Bounty Program Launched: Bugcrowd, a crowdsourced cybersecurity provider, announced that global education provider Navitas has launched a private bug bounty program with Bugcrowd to identify and resolve security vulnerabilities.
7. Product Launch: IT-Harvest, which offers a platform for researching the entire cybersecurity industry, announced the availability of monthly subscriptions to its platform at dashboard.it-harvest.com. Subscribers get access to all the data on 3,200 cybersecurity vendors assembled over a decade by IT-Harvest.
8. Talent Move: Trellix has named Harold Rivas as chief information security officer. Rivas comes to Trellix from his role as CISO at loanDepot. He previously held additional executive and senior-level information security roles at Santander Consumer, Mr. Cooper, Fujitsu America, and Citi. (Source: Dallas Innovates)