Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 22 December 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Top Cyber Official Resignation: Chris Inglis, who has served as National Cyber Director in the White House since July 2021 and is one of President Joe Biden’s most senior cybersecurity advisers, is expected to step down in the next two months. (Source: CNN)
2. Industry Recognition: AttackIQ has won the Most Engaged Community Partner Award from the Virtually Testing Foundation (VTF), a California-based e-learning non-profit organization. AttackIQ was honored for its efforts giving back to the cybersecurity community through its free award-winning AttackIQ Academy.
3. Company Re-brand: Cerberus Cyber Sentinel Corporation (CISO), a managed cybersecurity and compliance provider based in Scottsdale, Arizona, announced plans for a corporate rebrand and launch. At the heart of the rebranding is a change of the company name to CISO Global Inc. and an update to its corporate logo. (Source: Seeking Alpha)
4. Company Hacked: Heartland Alliance, a social justice and human rights organization headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, has experienced a data security incident that may have involved personal and protected health information belonging to employees, directors, independent contractors and certain individuals who sought health care or participated in other Heartland programs.
5. Industry Accolades: Vade, an AI-based threat detection and response company, has been named a Leader in the G2 Grid Report for Email Security, Cloud Email Security, and Anti-Spam. Overall, the company earned 12 G2 badges and top rankings for the categories of Easiest to Use, Best Support, Best Relationship Small Business, and Best Meets Requirements.
6. Cybersecurity Partnership: Accops, a provider of remote access products and solutions, has joined with the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC), an R&D organization operating under India’s Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, to build and deliver Accops BioAuth, a modern facial authentication solution.
7. Product Achievement: Skyhigh Security announced it has achieved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security Competency status in the Infrastructure Security category. This designation “recognizes Skyhigh Security’s deep technical expertise in AWS and proven success in helping customers achieve their cloud security goals.”
8. Kasaya Sets Sights on 2023 Events: Kaseya, a provider of unified IT management and security software for MSPs, small to medium-sized businesses and mid-market enterprises, announced its full line-up of events planned for 2023. “From the return of Schnizzfest after a three-year hiatus to another amazing DattoCon, we have an event for all our customers, no matter their role or industry,” Kaseya CEO Fred Voccola said.