3. Cyber Insurance – Professional Services: Chubb has launched ProERM — a cyber insurance offering for professional services firms. Pro ERM combines miscellaneous professional liability, media liability, cyber liability, and first-party cyber coverages with loss mitigation and incident response services in a single policy, the company says.
4. Research – SOC Productivity: Security personal in U.S. enterprises waste roughly 25 percent of their time facing false positives, according to new joint research from SIEM provider Exabeam and Ponemon Institute.
5. Research – Financial Services: Fully 50 percent of all unique organizations impacted by observed phishing domains were from the financial services sector, according to Akamai’s 2019 State of the Internet/Security Financial Services Attack Economy Report.
6. Funding – Risk Mitigation:Prevailion, a Columbia, Maryland-based cybersecurity startup focused on manage risk discovery, evaluation and mitigation, has raised $10 million in Series A funding. AllegisCyber led the funding round, with participation from previous investor DataTribe.
7. SOAR Plus Threat Detection and Response:LogicHub’s SOAR+ platform addresses such key areas as autonomous detection and response; advanced analytics; and machine learning to “automate decision making with extreme accuracy across historically disparate security operations,” the company claims.
8. Data Protection Plus Cybersecurity: Data protection specialist Cohesity has pushed into the security market with a new offering called Cohesity CyberScan. The application leverages backup data to assess the vulnerabilities, or risk posture, of an enterprise’s IT environment.
9. Breach Simulator:SafeBreach has launched the SafeBreach GRID – Global Risk Director, a breach and attack simulation application that uses correlative analytics to identify security gaps and link them to their potential business impact, the company says.
10. Car Cybersecurity: Millions of new Internet-connected cars could be vulnerable to hackers and potentially lead to thousands of fatal crashes on roads across the United States, a new Kill Switch report alleges.
11. U.S. Government – Cyber Lapses?: The U.S. Department of Defense has purchased at least $32.8 million worth of various IT products that have known cybersecurity risks, Law 360 reports…
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – Security Operations Center (SOC) Platform:ThreatQuotient has confirmed partnerships with global distributors Ectacom, Nihon Cornet and StarLink.