Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, June 1, 2018.
12. Ticketfly Breach: Online ticket service Ticketfly too its systems offline on Thursday (May 31) “out of an abundance of caution” related to a cyber breach. As of 7:00 a.m. on Friday, June 1, the company’s website was still offline.
11. IoT Security: 40Cloud — a cloud infrastructure security broker — and solar energy monitoring firm Locus Energy are partnering to provide a secure remote monitoring solution for commercial, industrial, and utility-scale photovoltaic (PV) solar energy systems. Locus Energy has more than 160,000 PV solar energy systems deployed.
9. Virtualization: Bromium has released version 4.1 of its virtualization-based endpoint security. The platform stops malware attacks via application isolation. It includes email attachment protection; spear phishing protection and malicious download protection, Bromium says.
8. Cyber Insurance: Coalition has launched a cyber insurance offering specifically designed to address emerging risks facing real estate developers, property managers, and other businesses across the real estate industry, the company says.
7. Funding – MDR: Managed detection and response (MDR) specialist Cyberint has raised $18 million in financing led by Viola Growth.
6. Funding – Encryption: Email and file encryption specialist Virtu has raised $37 million in Series B funding led by Iconic.
5. Expansion: Cylance has opened a 135,000 square foot worldwide headquarters in Irvine, California. More than 350 employees work at the cybersecurity company’s new central office.
1. SOC Build-Out Strategies: Should you build or partner for SOC (security operations center) services? Get the answers here.