Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 March 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, March 1, 2019.
15. Guilty of DDoS Attacks: Chicago resident Sergiy Usayuk has pleaded guilty to federal charges in North Carolina involving potentially millions of DDoS attacks from 2015 to 2017, according to Triangle Business Journal.
14. Research – Threat Report Part One: Gigamon’s latest threat report research is here.
13. Research – Threat Report Part Two: Webroot’s latest threat report is here.
12. Anti-Phishing Programs: Cofense has added Responsive Delivery to its flagship product for phishing simulations. The result: Cofense PhishMe Enterprise edition customers and partners can send phishing scenario emails only when intended recipients are actively performing tasks in their mail client. In other words, Responsive Delivery likely boosts the probability that simulations will not be missed by a user.
11. Multi-Cloud Monitoring: JASK, which develops a Autonomous Security Operations Center (ASOC) platform, has launched multi-cloud visibility and workload monitoring features for its cloud-native SIEM. JASK will demonstrate th capabilities at RSA Conference 2019.
10. Rebrand: CenturyLink has rebranded its Threat Research Labs as Black Lotus Labs.
9. Grants Program: The CrowdStrike Foundation, a nonprofit that funds scholarships, research and provides pro bono security software protection, is now accepting applications for the foundation’s NextGen Scholarship Program and proposals for the foundation’s new Small Grants Program.
8. Penetration Testing: IBM’s X-Force Red team will use Onapsis software when performing vulnerability assessments and penetration testing against SAP and Oracle applications.
7. Patch Management & Application Controls: Ivanti has launched Ivanti Security Controls. which addresss patch management for operating systems and third-party applications on physical and virtual servers and desktops, the company says. The new solution also enables dynamic whitelisting and granular privilege management from a single management console. The offering will be demonstrated at RSA Conference.
6. Mobile Incident Management & SOC Software: Demisto, a Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) specialist, has announced version 4.5 of its platform. Users gain at-a-glance incident oversight with a mobile-first experience, the company says.
5. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): SentinelOne has launched ActiveEDR, which allows security teams to quickly understand the story and root cause behind threat actors and autonomously respond, without any reliance on cloud resources, the company claims.
4. AT&T and AlienVault: The latest move, post-acquisition, involves a new AT&T Cybersecurity business division led by AlienVault’s former CEO.
3. Microsoft SIEM & MSSPs: CyberProof, a UST Global company, has integrated with Microsoft Azure Sentinel — a new SIEM platform from the technology giant.
2. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.
1. Another MSP Security Breach: We’re chasing details now. Stay tuned for potential updates.