Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 01 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. Security Operations Center: Becrypt, a provider of endpoint cybersecurity software solutions, has launched a managed Secure Operating Centre (SOC) service targeting both SMEs as well as overstretched teams within larger organizations migrating to cloud, the company says.
3. Fortinet Financial Results: Fortinet’s third quarter revenue was $547.5 million, up 21 percent year over year. The results largely beat Wall Street’s expectations. Fortinet’s cybersecurity products have particularly strong momentum with MSSPs, according to MSSP Alert research. We’ll share more details soon.
4. Chinese Hackers Target Government Text Messages: Chinese hackers with a history of state-sponsored espionage have intercepted the text messages of thousands of foreigners in a targeted campaign, according to FireEye research, AP reports.
5. Phishing Mitigation: LogicHub has launched Autonomous Phishing Triage built on the company’s SOAR+ platform. The new offering “automatically and accurately analyzes and classifies emails with 97 percent accuracy, reducing the number of alerts requiring human analysis by 75 percent or more,” LogicHub asserts.
6. FBI Warning – Hoplight Malware: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), FBI and Department of Defense (DoD) have identified a Trojan malware variant—referred to as HOPLIGHT—used by the North Korean government, according this warning.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Azure Sentinel – SIEM Cloud Partner: Insight Enterprises, a global systems integrator, has launched consulting and managed services for Microsoft Azure Sentinel, the cloud-native Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR).
3. Industrial Cybersecurity: Claroty has integrated its Continuous Threat Detection (CTD) solution with FireEye Helix. As a result, industrial asset owners can improve their response times to OT security incidents, reduce exposure to cyber risk in their OT environment, and maintain consistent implementation of their security protocols when detecting and responding to OT cyber threats, the companies assert.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.