Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 02 May 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Wednesday, May 2, 2018.
10. Federal Cybersecurity: The US Department of Defense issued new guidance on how it might penalize business partners that do not adequately adhere to new security rules codified in NIST SP 800-171, according to CSO Online.
9. Branding: Trident Capital Cybersecurity, an early stage venture firm, has rebranded as ForgePoint Capital.
7. Survey: Fully 74 percent of solution provider clients have suffered a breach in the past 12 months, according to a channel survey from Thycotic, a provider of privileged account management (PAM) solutions. Among those experiencing a breach, 55 percent did not act to fully remediate the cause of the breach and nearly one in five clients (18 percent) did not seek any remediation to prevent a breach from recurring.
6. New Conference: The first-annual Cyber Security Dallas Conference is confirmed for October.
5. Partner Program: Datarisk Canada has launched a Security-as-a-Service to help companies of all sizes adopt security safeguards aligned with emerging privacy legislation. The company is promoting the platform to MSPs and channel partners.
4 . Threat Detection: Solutions Granted, an MSSP, has embraced Seceon, a threat detection and management platform that visualizes, detects, and eliminates cyber threats in real-time, the companies say.
3. Momentum: VirtualArmour, which positions itself as a cybersecurity MSP, says 2017 revenues grew 18 percent to $10.5 million, a company record.
2. Carbon Black IPO: It’s still expected later this week. Here’s an MSSP-centric preview.
1. Cyber M&A: Tyler Technologies has acquired Sage Data Security, which specializes in the entire cybersecurity lifecycle — including program development, education and training, threat detection, technology testing, advisory services, and digital forensics.