Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 04 October 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Microsoft Security Patches: Microsoft has re-released security updates to address a vulnerability in Microsoft software. Without the fixes, a remote attacker could exploit this vulnerability to take control of an affected system.
2, SMB Security: Cymulate has launched an automated SaaS-based Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) platform for small and midsize business customers.
3. HTTP Malware Threat: A new type of malware hijacks victims’ interactions with HTTPS web pages by patching the pseudo random number generator used in establishing an encrypted connection, Kaspersky says. It gives actors the ability to spy on users’ browser activity, as well as to install rogue digital certificates, the security firm adds.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – MSSP Solutions: Synnex has launched a dedicated MSSP support program within the company’s SERVICESolv field services expansion strategy. Palo Alto Networks figures prominently in the strategy.
2. Unisys-Microsoft: The Unisys Stealth security software suite now leverages the new Microsoft Azure Service Tag Discovery Application Program Interface (API). The integration provides additional security for clients accessing cloud-based Azure services. Unisys is a Top 200 MSSP for 2019.
3. Data Protection – Box Integrations: Box has unveiled Box Shield, a set of content security controls and intelligent threat detection capabilities. The new security features are set for availability sometime this month (October 2019). Box also announced integration plans with IBM, Microsoft Teams, Slack and Splunk.
4. Partnership – Threat Intelligence: Anomali and Symantec are partnering to “meet global demand for threat intelligence-driven solutions,” the two companies say. But the announcement was short on specific product and service details.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 7-10, Washington, D.C.)
- EuroCACS/CSX 2019 (October 16-18, Geneva, Switzerland)
- Mimecast Cyber Resilience Summit (October 28-30, Dallas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- RSA Conference USA 2020 (February 24-28, 2020, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.