Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 April 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Friday, April 5, 2019.
6. SOC – IBM: The technology giant has opened a Global Security Services Center in Costa Rica. The center monitors security events for hundreds of customers in more than 130 countries.
5. SOC – VPLS: The MSP and VAR has launched a security operations center (SOC) in Orange, California. The move builds on VPLS’s introduction of SIEM services in 2018.
4. Talent – MDR & Building Security: Blackpoint Cyber has hired David Peterson to lead its Smart Property cyber security offering. The company, a managed detection and response (MDR) provider, is pushing into IoT/Smart Building security. Peterson previously held key posts in the commercial real estate market working for such firms as Colliers International, Grubb & Ellis and Clarion Partners.
3. Talent — RMM Security: NinjaRMM has hired Lewis Huynh as chief security officer. Huynh will drive the company’s security and data privacy initiatives. He previously held key posts at OneView Commerce, Oracle and OwnerIQ. The move comes as hackers increasingly target MSP software platforms to hack into end-customer systems.
2. Partnerships – Fortinet: Alcide, a cloud-native security provider that safeguards microservices deployments, has confirmed a Fabric-Ready partnership with Fortinet. Similarly, data loss prevention specialist Safetica Technologies has entered the Fortinet Technology Alliances Ecosystem. The moves come as Fortinet prepares to kick off its Accelerate 2019 conference on April 8.
1. Top 100 MSSPs – 2019 Survey: The survey is now open. Participate and your company could be honored when we unveil the resulting Top 100 MSSPs list and research in September 2019.