Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 December 2018
Welcome to page two, featuring today’s items 10 to 1.
10. Talent – Service Provider: BT has named Kevin Brown as managing director of BT Security. He is responsible for the company’s physical and cybersecurity worldwide.
9. Talent: Devo Technology, led by former LogicNow & GFI Software CEO Walter Scott, has hired three security executives, including:
- Julian Waits as General Manager of the Devo Security Business Unit;
- Matt Mosley, Vice President of Products, Cybersecurity; and
- Fred Wilmot, VP of Security Engineering.
Combined, the trio has been involved in nearly every aspect of cybersecurity, from running large-scale security operations teams to building cybersecurity solutions, the company says. Devo’s technology collects, enhances and analyzes machine data — delivering insights for IT, security, and business teams, the company says.
8. Appliances: WatchGuard Technologies has launched version 12.3 of its Fireware operating system for its Firebox Unified Security Platform appliances. Key to this update are added dynamic path selection capabilities that allow organizations to optimize WAN resources across complex, distributed networks while securing branch locations with a UTM platform focused on defense in depth, the company says.
7. APIs – EDR: Cylance says application programming interfaces (APIs) for its endpoint detect and respond offering, CylanceOPTICS, are now available. The APIs pave the way for more integrations involving automated workflows to generate helpdesk tickets, initiate data collection, quarantine files, or launch other tasks in real time, the company says.
6. Distribution – SIEM: Global VAST cybersecurity specialist Exclusive Networks will distribution JASK’s ASOC (Autonomous Security Operations Center) Platform as part of a worldwide agreement. The JASK ASOC platform offers artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning-based Security Information Event Management (SIEM) for security personnel.
5. MSSP Launch: Several MSP veterans have launched Cythera, an MSSP in Melbourne. Australia. The leadership team previously sold O2 Networks to Telstra for AU$60 million in 2014, according to CRN Australia.
4. Reorganization – Top 100 MSSP: Singtel has pooled the cybersecurity capabilities, technologies and resources of Singtel, Optus, Trustwave and NCS, into a single global corporate identity operating under the Trustwave brand. Trustwave is a Top 100 MSSP. We’ll share more details soon.
3. Black Hat Europe 2018: Our live blog of this week’s conference — and complete ongoing coverage of all Black Hat events — is compiled here.
2. M&A – Managed Security: ConnectWise has acquired Sienna Group as part of a managed security partner strategy, MSSP Alert reported this morning.
1. MSSP Pricing Guide: We’ll share managed security pricing tips during our December webcast. Register now to join us.