Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 05 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Tuesday, June 5, 2018.
9. SEC Cyber Concerns: The head of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) will warn of the need to boost its defenses against “advanced” and “persistent” cyber threats when he asks Congress on today for more funding, according to Reuters.
8. Consulting Services: Tom Ridge, the first U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security and 43rd Governor of Pennsylvania, has launched the Ridge Global Cybersecurity Institute, a go-to source for all cybersecurity related services.
7. Cyber Bounty: CrowdStrike has launched a “next-generation endpoint security breach prevention warranty.” The company essentially offers $1 million warranty, which guarantees the performance of its cloud-based endpoint security products. We haven’t read the fine print…
6. SIEM Integrations: RepKnight has integrated its BreachAlert Dark monitoring platform with Splunk, IBM QRadar, and LogRhythm — three of the top offerings in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for SIEM solutions…
5. SIEM for MSSPs: – Exabeam has launched Exabeam Spectrum, a new program that allows organizations to deploy Exabeam’s family of cloud offerings across a range of environments, in a variety of configurations. Also announced was Exabeam Threat Intelligence Cloud, a new cloud-based product that will aggregate, validate and prioritize threat indicators from multiple reliable sources, the company says.
4. Upgrade: Tenable has upgraded its cloud-based Cyber Exposure platform, to help security teams discover, assess and manage cybersecurity risks across highly dynamic cloud environments, the company claims.
3. Talent: Trustwave CEO Robert J. McCullen has also been named executive chairman of CounterTack, a leading provider of Predictive Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) and Next Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solutions for the enterprise.
2. M&A: Fortinet has acquired Bradford Networks to further bolster access control and IoT security solutions for large enterprises. enterprise with broader visibility and security for their complex networks including.
1. SOC Buildout Costs: How much does it cost to build and staff a 24×7 SOC (Security Operations Center). Register now and find out during our next MSSP Alert webcast.