Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 March 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Tuesday, March 6, 2018:
6. Crypto Murders: Bill Gates says crypto currencies are killing people in a fairly direct way, because of how they’re used to fund terrorism and to buy fentanyl and other dangerous drugs, NakedSecurity reports. We’ll share more thoughts soon.
5. Certification: Kraft Technology Group, a Top 100 MSSP for 2017, has successfully completed the MSPAlliance’s MSP/Cloud Verify Program (MSPCV) certification process. MSPCV is based on the Unified Certification Standard (UCS) for Cloud and Managed Service Providers and developed by the MSPAlliance.
4. Diversity & Inclusion: Disappointed by RSA Conference‘s lack of speaker diversity, a rival conference called OUR Security Advocates (OURSA) has surfaced. The one-day event will take place head-on against the RSA Conference in San Francisco. Only one of 20 major speakers at RSA is female, though RSA conference organizers have said the complete lineup has yet to be announced.
3. FinTech Security: The World Economic Forum has led the creation of an industry consortium focused on improving the cybersecurity of financial technology companies, as collaboration between FinTechs and financial institutions grows. Citigroup, Kabbage, HPE Enterprise and others are involved in the effort.
2. Risk Management: Cyber attacks are becoming the No. 1 risk to business, brands, operations and financials, according to SonicWall’s research. We’ll share more details and findings later today.
1. Momentum: AlienVault remains in growth mode. The company ended 2017 with more than 50 percent year-over-year revenue growth, increased its install base to over 7,000 businesses, and added over 200 MSSP partners increasing. More than 500 MSSPs now leverage AlienVault’s Unified Security Management platform. We’ll share more details soon.