Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 November 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
11. Georgia Voter Security Debate: Georgia officials have quietly patched security holes in the state’s voter information website after saying the holes didn’t exist, according to Business Insider.
10. Talent: Network security specialist OPAQ has hired Lynn D. Tinney as senior VP of channels. Tinney previously held key channel positions at CA Technologies, Riverbed, and Cisco Systems.
9. SOC Talent Gaps: Roughly 48 percent of large organizations don’t have a SOC (security operations center), according to an EY survey. Read between the lines, and it’s a safe bet even large businesses with their own IT security budgets often need outsourced SOC assistance…
8. Launch: Growth Catalyst Partners, a lower-middle market private equity firm, and media industry veteran, Doug Manoni have launched CyberRisk Alliance, a business intelligence company created to serve the high-growth, rapidly evolving cybersecurity and information risk management marketplace, the founders say.
7. Funding – SMB Risk Mitigation: Zeguro has raised $5 million in funding to launch a Cyber Safety Platform to help companies assess and mitigate their cyber risks.
6. Payment Data Protection: ThreatQuotient is integrating verified breach intelligence from Visa to enable customers to better detect and protect against cyber attacks targeting payment data, the companies say.
4. Encryption as a Service: Secure Channels Inc. has launched SCIFCOM (Secure Containment Information Facility) — an as-a-service portal that features the strongest non-military encryption technology currently available to the public, the company claims.
3. Partnership – Endpoint Protection: Aujas and Endgame have partnered on the security front. Aujas’ Managed Endpoint Detection, Response, and Prevention Service (MEDR) will be powered by Endgame’s best-in-class endpoint protection platform to stop targeted attacks before damage and loss can occur.
2. Partner Program Expansion: Untangle has added more than 130 VARs and MSPs in the past three consecutive quarters, growing its channel bookings 26 percent year-over-year, and protecting over 40,000 networks and nearly one million endpoints worldwide, the SMB network security company claims.
1. MSP Cybersecurity Framework: Watch for ConnectWise and guest speakers to tackle cybersecurity frameworks for MSPs and technology solutions providers this week during ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2018 in Orlando, Florida. Coverage of the conference has started on ChannelE2E, and additional security-centric coverage will surface here on MSSP Alert.