Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 06 November 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Risk Management – Marketplace Tools: Ostendio has launched MyVCM Auditor Connect, a marketplace that allows customers to select and work with third party security and risk management audit firms.
3. Talent – Network Threat Detection and Response (NDR): Vectra AI has hired Jennifer Geisler as chief marketing officer (CMO), and Jodi Sutton as vice president of business operations.
4. Rapid7 Financial Results: Rapid7, a security analytics and automation specialist, says third quarter revenues were $83.2 million, up 33 percent year over year.
5. Cyberark Financial Results: CyberArk’s third quarter revenue was $108.1 million, up 28 percent from the corresponding quarter last year. The results generally beat Wall Street’s expectations.
6. Hardware Security: Google has unveiled OpenTitan—an open source silicon root of trust (RoT) project. OpenTitan will deliver a “high-quality RoT design and integration guidelines for use in data center servers, storage, peripherals, and more. Open sourcing the silicon design makes it more transparent, trustworthy, and ultimately, secure,” Google asserts.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cloud Security – Microsoft Office 365: Zscaler is first cloud security provider to be a certified partner in the Microsoft Network Partner Program (NPP) for Office 365, the company says.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Qualys Security Conference (November 18-21, Las Vegas)
- Infosecurity and ISACA North America Expo and Conference (November 20-21, New York)
- PercyhCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.