Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 February 2018
Welcome to page two, featuring items 10 to 1 for today.
9. Talent: Cylance has promoted Greg Silberman to chief privacy officer. He will oversee the implementation and enforcement of practices that manage data in accordance with the Cylance’s Privacy Principles with the goal of making Cylance a leader in the artificial intelligence and security industries with respect to employee and customer privacy. Prior to joining Cylance in 2016, Silberman was a partner at Jones Day, where he worked for the Silicon Valley office’s cybersecurity, privacy and data protection practice group.
7. M&A: Proofpoint has acquired Wombat Security Technologies, which specializes in security awareness computer-based training. The $225 million deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2018. Multiple security companies have acquired or built phishing simulations and other training tools to help partners and customers avoid cyber scams.
6. Financial Services Standards: The Accredited Standards Committee X9 Inc. (X9) is striving to create a standard protecting personal and financial data. We’ll share more details.
5. Financial Services: FCI Inc., an MSSP focused on financial advisors, is partnering with cleverDome are driving industry awareness campaign at the T3 Technology Conference for financial advisors this week in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
4. Government Services: LogRhythm’s SIEM and UEBA (User and Entity Behavior Analytics) solutions are now available under the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) program.
3. Hospitality Services: SecValMSP, an MSSP, has launched a Risk as a Service (RaaS) platform to hoteliers world-wide. The service helps hotels reduce their threat surface by over 70 percent, minimizes the time and expense required to become compliant, and raises compliance sustainability year over year significantly,” SecValIMSP claims. As you may recall, the company acquired Stryker Technology Solutions in September 2017 to accelerate the hospitality push.
2. Check Point Software Partner of the Year: Compuquip Cybersecurity, a Florida-based MSSP with a deep history in and around the VAR and MSP sectors, apparently is Check Point Software’s fastest-growing partner. We ran into Compuquip CEO Eric Dosal this morning at the CPX 360 conference in Las Vegas. We discussed the MSSP’s momentum a bit. I’ll share more details in the next day or so. Plus, stay tuned for more coverage from Check Point’s conference.
1. Three’s A Trend: Check items 3, 4 and 5 above. Surely you noticed each MSSP & cybersecurity provider is moving hard into a specific vertical…
- Subscribe to MSSP Alert’s daily newsletter
- Attend our next MSSP Alert and ChannelE2E Webcast
- Read all of our daily MSSP News Alerts
- Top 100 Managed Security Services Providers List