Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 07 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Thursday, June 7, 2018.
8. Breach: A security breach at family networking and genealogy website MyHeritage leaked the data of over 92 million users, the company said in a blog posted on Monday, Reuters reports.
6. Upgrades: Symantec has upgraded its Network Security for the Cloud Generation solution with the following capabilities:
- Web Isolation technology integrated into Symantec’s Web Security Service (WSS), which enables web browsing without risk of infection by zero-day malware or advanced threats, the company claims.
- Network-to-endpoint protection with the integration of Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) and SEP Mobile into WSS, allowing web traffic re-directs to WSS for enforcement of network security policies, thus eliminating the need for a separate agent to manage traffic flow, the company says.
- SD-Cloud Connector, which enables customers to combine software defined WAN (SD-WAN) technology with Symantec’s WSS to create a simple, high-performance method to connect branch office locations with its cloud security service, the company adds.
5. Earnings – Zscaler: Cloud security provider Zscaler’s revenue grew 49 percent to $49.2 million in the company’s third quarter of fiscal 2018. The company’s GAAP net loss was $8.8 million, compared to $7.6 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2017. The results largely beat Wall Street’s expectations.
4. Earnings – Okta: Identity and access management provider Okta says Q1 revenue was $83.6 million, up 60 percent compared to Q1 last year. The company also was cash flow positive during the quarter. The results largely beat Wall Street’s expectations.
3. Cyber Skills Shortage: The demand for cybersecurity workers across the United State continues to grow, according to new data from CyberSeek, a free cybersecurity career and workforce resource fro CompTIA and Burning Glass Technologies. Nationally, there were 301,873 cybersecurity job openings in the private and public sectors during the 12-month period between April 2017 and March 2018, the site indicates.
2.M&A – MDR: Predictive endpoint security provider CounterTack has acquired GoSecure, a Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Provider. The combined company expects to have more than $70 million in revenues next year. We’ll share more details soon.