Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 12 June 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Tuesday, June 12, 2018.
8. Firewalls & SD-WANs: Untangle has unveiled NG Firewall software version 14.0. The upgrade supports SD-WAN networking architectures in order to reduce costs for businesses with distributed, branch and remote offices, the company says.
7. Kaspersky vs. U.S. Government: Kaspersky Lab urged the Washington D.C. Circuit on Friday to quickly decide its appeal over a ban on the U.S. government using its products, saying a growing stigma resulting from the ban has significantly hurt its bottom line, Law360 notes.
6. SAP Application Security: Virtual Forge, a provider of cybersecurity solutions for SAP, has updated its Virtual Forge Security Cloud. The platform now supports third-party application scanning through its TransportProfiler solution.
5. Talent – Palo Alto Networks: Senior VP Ron Myers plans to retire on July 31 — which marks the end of the security company’s fiscal year, he confirmed in a blog to partners. Karl Soderlund, currently Palo Alto Networks VP of Americas Channels, will succeed Myers. The transition should be a smooth one. Myers is widely credited for developing next-generation security innovators within the company’s channel ecosystem. At the same time, Palo Alto’s Application Framework has gained integrations from numerous technology partners, helping partners to pull third-party security systems together for end-to-end solutions. Palo Alto also recently transitioned to a new CEO, hiring Google Search veteran Nikesh Arora to succeed Mark McLaughlin on June 6.
4. Talent – Panda Security: McAfee veteran María Campos has joined Panda Security as VP of sales worldwide — including key accounts, MSSPs and telecommunications.
3. Talent: MKACyber, the security operations center (SOC) solutions provider and Top 100 MSSP, has hired Travis Aldrich as vice president of security operations. He will lead the MKACyber SOC team and the organization’s MSSP business.
2. Upcoming Conference: Identiverse, formerly Ping’s Cloud Identity Summit, is scheduled for later this month in Boston. We’re watching it closely for potential news and trends. Feel free to email me tips and updates — Joe@AfterNines.com.
1. SOC Budgeting: How much does it cost to build a Security Operations Center? Join us for answers during this Thursday’s MSSP Alert webcast.