Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 12 November 2018
Welcome to page two of two for today. Here are items 10 to 1 for today.
10. M&A – Application Security: Threat Stack has acquired Bluefyre to address runtime application security. Financial terms were not disclosed.
9. Nordstrom Breach: Seattle-based retailer Nordstrom is notifying employees of an information-security breach that exposed their names, Social Security numbers, dates of birth, checking account and routing numbers, salaries and more, The Seattle Times reports.
8. Virtual Cybersecurity Officer: A partnership between QBE Insurance Group and Zeguro offers small and medium-sized business customers access to a virtual ‘Cybersecurity Officer’ to protect against their cyber exposures, Insurance Journal reports.
7. Data Breach Protection – Dropbox: Coronet will extend its data breach protection features to Dropbox.
6. Earnings: CynergisTek, which provides healthcare cybersecurity and information assurance capabilities, says Q3 2018 revenues were $19.2 million, up 7 percent from $17.9 million for the same period of 2017.
5. SOAR: DFLabs, the Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) vendor, has launched a new version of the IncMan SOAR platform. The upgrade provides an open framework that allows third-party security tools to more easily integrate with IncMan SOAR.
4. Security Operations Center (SOC) Expansion: Capgemini, a Top 100 MSSP for 2018, has launched a Security Operations Center (SOC) within the recently expanded Advanced Technology and Development Center in Columbia, S.C. This is the 10th SOC within Capgemini’s worldwide security network.
3. MSP Software Integration: EventTracker, a Netsurion company that offers security information and event management (SIEM), has completed a product integration with ConnectWise Manage. MSPs gain a more effective way to manage SIEM services from their business management dashboards.
2. BlackBerry Acquiring Cylance?: That was the rumor over the weekend. We’re still poking around for updates.
1. Cisco Partner Summit: We’ll be watching for security-related channel updates at this week’s Cisco Partner Summit 2018 in Las Vegas…