Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Friday, October 12, 2018.
9. Cloud IAM: Google continues to bolster its cloud-oriented Identity and Access Management (IAM) services, according to a blog from the search giant.
8. Cybersecurity Assessment Tool: FICO and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce have released this tool…
7. Talent – State of Delaware CISO: The Delaware Department of Technology and Information has named Solomon Adote as its new chief security officer. He previously held key security posts at FMC Inc. and QVC Inc.
6. Phishing Victim: The Minnesota Department of Human Services were victims of a phishing email scam, where someone had the ability to access the information of approximately 21,000 individuals who interacted with the department, ABC News reports.
5. Partner Program – Email Security: Lastline Email Defender-Cloud, previously only available directly from Lastline, will now be available through all Lastline channel partners worldwide.
4. Partnership – Security Assessments:LMG Security has agreed to conduct monthly vulnerability scans of SecureLink for Enterprises and SecureLink for Vendors, as well as perform an annual in-depth assessment of the software. SecureLink provides secure third-party remote access solutions for highly regulated enterprise organizations and technology vendors. LMG Security is a cybersecurity consulting firm, specializing in penetration testing, compliance, digital forensics, and training.
3. SOCs & Artificial Intelligence:NTT Security, a Top 100 MSSP for 2018, has deployed artificial intelligence technology in its SOC (security operations center) offerings. The deployment involves Seceon’s cyber threat detection and remediation software. Information Development Co., Seceon’s exclusive distributor in Japan, assisted the effort.