Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 12 September 2018
Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Wednesday, September 12, 2018.
13. Veeam Data Exposure: Veeam apparently left a massive marketing database wide open to probing eyes. The unsecured database, stored on MongoDB on Amazon Web Services, contained 440 million email addresses and more…
12. Meltdown and Spectre Vulnerabilities: The latest updates and alerts are here.
11. Talent: Corelight has hired FireEye veteran Richard Bejtlich as principal security strategist.
10. Talent – SOAR: DFLabs, a Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) specialist, has hired Tito Avila as VP of global sales and business development. He previously held key posts at NSFOCUS and Fortinet. The DFLabs portfolio includes IncMan, a managed detection and response delivery platform for MSSPs and MDR specialists.
9. BitDefender Expansion: The company has launched Bitdefender Australia, a wholly owned subsidiary focused on the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. The subsidiary was formed through the acquisition of assets from business partner, SMS eTech. The expansion is one piece in Bitdefender’s strategy to march toward a successful IPO.
8. Integration: Digital Defense’s Frontline Vulnerability Manager now integrates with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (aka McAfee ePO), providing organizations with visibility into managed and unmanaged devices. Partners and customers can also deploy threat detection agents on unmanaged devices to bolster security.
7. Integration: Varonis DataPrivilege now integrates with RSA Identity Governance and Lifecycle. The interoperability helps joint customers secure sensitive unstructured data, address compliance requirements and reduce risk, the companies assert.
6. Partnership – Cyber Risk Management: Corax, an international cyber risk analytics platform for the insurance sector, has partnered with Willis Re, a reinsurance advisor. Together, the companies will help customers to model their cyber risk.
5. Partnership – Endpoint Protection: Veristor Systems has embraced SentinelOne as an endpoint protection platform for customers.
4. Partnership – Managed Security: SECOM Singapore has launched a managed security service that leverages Morphisec’s Moving Target Defense, technology. SECOM Singapore, launched in 1992, provides security management services more than 2000 subscribing customers.
3. Managed IT Compliance as a Service: Innova Solutions has launched the Continuous Compliance Program, a managed service for ensuring a constant state of IT compliance. The program leverages UpGuard’s total integrity management platform for IT infrastructure compliance monitoring, investigation, and remediation. We’ll share more details soon.
2. Email Threat Report: The latest data and analysis from FireEye is here.
1. Top 100 MSSPs 2018: We’ll unveil the complete 2018 list and research during our webcast this Thursday. Register now to join us.