Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 August 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Here’s the daily business update for Tuesday, August 13, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Cybersecurity Training – Boot Camp: The Penn Cybersecurity Boot Camp, a part-time program that starts November 12, will help supply Philadelphia with more cybersecurity professionals, the university asserts.
2. Cybersecurity Training – Milestone: More than 500,000 individuals have earned the CompTIA Security+ credential, the IT association and technology certification specialist says.
3. M&A – Bot Protection Technology: Barracuda Networks has acquired bot detection technology from InfiSecure Technologies. InfiSecure specializes in low-latency detection and mitigation of advanced bots, and adds advanced capabilities to Barracuda’s recently announced Advanced Bot Protection — which will be available for both the Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service and Web Application Firewall platforms, the company says.
4. Research – Software Vulnerabilities: Despite a significantly increased focus on application security testing, remediation rates for vulnerabilities continue to shrink, according to research from WhiteHat Security, an independent subsidiary of NTT Security.
6. Security Vulnerability: F-Secure is advising organizations using F5 Networks’ BIG-IP load balancer, which is popular amongst governments, banks, and other large corporations, to address security issues in some common configurations of the product, according to this statement.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – Network and Endpoint Security: Synnex has agreed to distribute Sophos network and endpoint security software to channel partners. Sophos and its centralized management dashboard have a particularly strong following in the MSP market.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- EnergySec Security and Compliance Summit 2019 (August 19-21, Anaheim, California)
- GSX 2019: Global Security Exchange Conference (September 8-12, Chicago, Illinois)
- MSSP Accelerator – Sales and Marketing Summit (September 10-11, Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- CISA Cybersecurity Summit 2019 (September 18-20, National Harbor, Maryland)
- Exabeam Spotlight19 (September 30-October 2, San Francisco)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.