Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. SIEM and Financial Services: Adlumin has added a threat intelligence portal to its crowdsourced threat detection system. Adlumin of Washington, D.C., is a SIEM and cybersecurity service provider for financial institutions and government organizations.
2. Talent: Balbix, a cybersecurity startup backed by former Cisco CEO John Chambers, has hired Bitglass veteran Rich Campagna as chief marketing officer.
3. SOCaaS Company List: We’re now tracking 28 SOCaaS companies — which offer security operations center (SOC) as a service to peer MSPs, MSSPs and/or end-customers.
4. Traditional SOCs Are Dead: Avanade explains why here.
5. How MSPs Can Secure Their Businesses: Webroot offers tips here.
6. Election Security: Florida’s Orange County Supervisor of Elections has selected BIO-key to add a layer of biometric security to protect access to public records, the company sayd. Orange County, Florida’s fifth largest county, will utilize BIO-key’s ID Director biometric software solution to secure access to voter data and files, the company adds.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.