Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 13 May 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one sentence or less for each item below.
- Penetrating Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, May 13, 2019.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Software Patching – Federal Policy: United States federal government agencies are now required to patch the most serious vulnerabilities in half the time, according to a new cyber security directive from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), CPO Magazine reports.
2. Breach Prevention: CyberGuard360 has launched its PIIGuard360 Breach Prevention Platform. The company’s cybersecurity platform and extended ecosystem allows partners and customers to “predict, prevent, detect, monitor, respond and report” on security issues.
B. MSSP Partner Program Updates
None today. Got a security- or MSSP-related partner program update? Email me the details for consideration: Joe@AfterNines.com.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite19 (Austin, Texas)
- Carbon Black Connect 2019 (San Diego)
- Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit (Maryland)
- Security Operations Centers: Build or Partner? (Webcast)
- AWS re:Inforce Cloud Cybersecurity Conference (Boston)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
That’s what’s on our radar for today.